WouldWould like some input on on what I should do or what I should not be doing with my daughter. She has ASD and has graduate school and been accepted to a university local in town and we started the semester. It has been overwhelming on different levels in many ways I make schedule for her I keep on task with her assignments and everything but as far as her navigating the campus and keeping on task with her day there I have found myself accompanying her just for the support. We've already had an incident to where she got lost on the campus and her anxiety went on a very high level to where she was having a meltdown and I had to go find her. She has since able to navigate her classes but a new semester will be starting with new places to go. Everybody's got an opinion and I don't know where to go to get her help our assistance but I do feel she has the right to get a college education just as anybody else but socially and as far as doing other things she still needs my support and I am at a loss because I don't want her to feel like she's not getting her independence but at the same time making sure she's having the support she needs. Her sister who also has assisted me with her, older sister, suggested I video the route to classes when the new term comes. What other advice is there for me or any thing can help...the photo was orientation day

Posted by vivitorial.dc at 2022-10-10 23:47:05 UTC