Hi! I am just beginning to dive into all this useful information, please accept my apology if the answer to my questions are here and I just haven't come across them yet. I have a 23 year old son who has struggled greatly the past 8 years. He has been diagnosed ( 8 years ago) with depression/anxiety. He takes his meds, which seem to help with the depression and some anxiety, but there is something else going on. I briefly mentioned it to my Dr at my check up and they brought to my attention Aspergers. I can't believe this hasn't come up before. I am listening to podcasts, reading, watching videos (all of which are helping me understand and communicate with my son so much better), and even though we don't have an official diagnosis I strongly feel he falls into this. My question is, where do I go next? I've tried googling Nueropsychologists in my area and there don't appear to be very many. Can he ask his neurologist to refer? I don't know where to direct him next. **A little back story, my son bled on brain at birth, developed Hydrophifilis and has a VP shunt (all this by 6 months of age), his current neurologist just says he isn't sure and says he might have epilepsy and put him on another med, which we took him off as it did nothing. Never once has he mentioned this a possibility, when he fits a lot of the characteristics. Help! I want him to have a better life, he wants a better life, where can we get help?

Posted by yetnation at 2022-09-19 20:51:12 UTC