Hi I'm Marie. I have a 23 yr old daughter who was diagnosed with selective mutism when she was 4 yrs old. But as she grew she was having more issues than the selective mutism. She also had a hard time making friends, had sensory issues, couldn't look people in the eye. Had a hard time with balance and posture. Had a hard time learning in school but was smart in a lot of things. At school she would always have a flat look on her face never smiled and never talked to anyone unless she was forced to. I had her tested for Autism. They said she didn't have autism. Had her tested for Asperger's but was told she didn't have it either. But I know she has it. Out of 15 symptoms of Asperger's she has 13. At least the school tried to accommodate her as best they could, and she did graduate. But she doesn't work, doesn't have any desire to leave home and get a job cause I really don't think she has the ability to obtain a job or keep it. She refuses to drive and would have to drive to any job she would get in our area so I guess she will be dependent on us, her parents for the rest of our lives, but we won't live forever so we don't know what will happen to her when we are gone. I just don't know what to do about that.

Posted by kcmarie420 at 2022-09-15 03:09:03 UTC