My son is 19 and turning 20 in November. We are stuck and not sure where to turn. His junior year of high school started rocky in the fall of 2019 and I was just turning the tide with the help of the schools to getting him back on track when COVID hit. He is high functioning and only needed minimal services prior to his Junior year. Online learning was not going to happen and I thought it would be temporary. Then I thought we would just get a GED. But now I can't get him out of the house or to talk to anyone. And he is still stuck on the same math issue that he was stuck on with school. He won't talk to counselors and he doesn't think he needs medicine. It's been such a long road with his older sister, who has bipolar disorder and required many hospital interventions, that I lost sight of him and didn't know the impact of him from being left home alone so many nights while I was at the hospital focused on her. I just don't even know how or where to start to getting him back on the road to success and this is what keeps me up at night.

Posted by dcleslieb at 2022-08-19 13:59:11 UTC