I'm so confused. I followed suggestions I have gotten on this website in the past. The past few times my mom has tried to pick an argument with me that is purely emotional and/or pointless, I have told her calmly and respectfully to basically drop it, and if she still continues I tell her I do not want to get in an argument right now and walk into my room, she typically tends to follow me, though. Today, she started to pick an argument because I asked her why she said something to my doctor. She was being very passive aggressive and when she said "stop having an atitiude right now" I then told her that I wasn't having an attitude and she was being very passive aggressive (I have never told her this, I just got sick and tired of it and I admit I probably shouldn't have said that, but she also needed to hear it), she started refusing that she was passive aggressive (my speech therapist and therapist (lack of better words, mental therapist) said that when people are passive aggressive they tend to not admit it and refuse to admit it, so I was prepared), I told her to stop arguing, then continued making my meal and went to sit down and eat. She continued yelling and trying to argue while I was eating so I placed my food on the counter and told her I didn't want an argument and then walked into my room. I was in the middle of getting dressed when she barged into my room and started yelling at me and claiming I was slamming things. I told her I wasn't and to quit arguing. She continued and I just kept saying "okay" over and over again. She finally left and yelled at me to stop saying "okay." I then went in the kitchen, got my food, took it into my bathroom, and started eating it over the sink. I'm so confused. If I am supposed to tell her to stop arguing and let me cool off (even if she is the one that needs it), and she will follow me and continue yelling at me, what am I supposed to do? Entertain her argument? I'm not supposed to say "okay" constantly to try to please her, I'm not supposed to walk off and resume it at another time, so WHAT THE HECK????!!! What do I do???

Posted by Annoymous1 at 2024-06-20 16:22:04 UTC