If anyone is looking for free books to encourage reading/learning to read I highly suggest Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. They don't serve everywhere, but they serve certain states in the US. I had it when I was little and learned to read at the age of 2. You can sign a child up before they are even born, while you are pregnant with them you fill out a form to sign up and as soon as they are born each month they will send a book to you. It lasts until age 5. You can sign them up at any age below 5. It is completely free. Now, while you aren't going to expect a 3 month old to read, it is designed for you to read the books to them until they are ready to learn to read, from there you can use the books they have already read for them to learn how to read based on sounds. Dolly Parton's Imagination Library is the best and if you are within a region they serve, sign up immediately all of your children under 5. Edit: just looked the website up to give the link, it is now serving the UK, Canada, Ireland, and Australia. Link: https://imaginationlibrary.com/

Posted by Annoymous1 at 2024-06-20 11:33:03 UTC