To clarify: Not asking for specific medical advice. I am asking if anyone has a similar experience and if it is possible. I have been trying out all kinds of ADHD meds because I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. I believe that I may be having an opposite/extreme reaction (as is common with many NDs) to the medications. I was diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. I have tried many medications, of which have all had bad side effects in terms of GI issues and keeping me up at night even after they were supposed to have wore off. The only three that did not do this was adderall, journay, and vyvanse. However, these three have been making me incredibly hyper and when they wear off (around the middle of the day) I crash almost immedaitely, as in I fall asleep at extremely unsafe and inconvenient times. Nothing about my sleep has changed. The only thing that has changed in my diet changed well after the side effects started, I had to eliminate all things involving sucrase digestion (starches, sugar, etc.) because I have low sucrase levels. I was already on a low to no lactose diet due to low lactase levels, too. We have ruled out low/high blood pressure and low/high blood sugar. My crashes are becoming worse even after changing the dosage (lower and upper doses) and is starting to get where I am falling asleep while driving. Luckily, most of the time it is at times when my brain is unstimulated such as rush hour traffic where there is a lot of stand-still traffic. The medicines work great but my doctor says that it is not normal to immediately crash as soon as they wear off. I have been sleeping probably a total of anywhere from 10-18 hours in a 24 hour period. I am starting to get worried now that I am falling asleep more and more. I'm on a weird regimen now where I take an extended release at night that specifically works to not release until 6 hours after you take it, and then it slowly starts releasing which helps me to wake up on time in the morning. I take another brand medication when I wake up which is fast acting (kicks in within 90 minutes to 2 hours) that typically lasts me until noon. I then take another brand medication around noon that kicks in within 30 minutes and lasts me until around 5pm. My doctor says I can't do much more. However, I start driving at 4-5 and get to dance from 5-7 depending on the day. Dance lasts until 8 or 8:30, again depending on the day, and I get home around 8:30-9, depending on the day. I then get my shower and am easily in bed by 10, and then my meds kick in quickly and I am to sleep at least by 11, and on days of severe pain it is around midnight. On most days, good days, I am to sleep within 5-10 minutes of hitting the bed at 10. I wake up around 6 to feed my dog, take a short nap until 7-7:30 depending on the day, and then start my day. I am getting enough sleep so I have no reason to be falling asleep. They have ruled out narcolepsy and I am currently wearing a sleep watch, but it turns out each time I wear it I get a really bad rash around my wrist and it never records the data, so if it doesn't work this time they say they aren't going to force me to do it again. You have to wear the watch constantly for 2 weeks and I already have sensitive skin, AMPS, and the sensory issues coming with Autism, so the watch ends up doing more harm. I'm at a loss. Has anyone else experienced this? I know with NDs there is a higher prevalence for opposite medication reactions or extreme medication reactions (such as my ADHD meds working very quickly and then wearing off almost instantly and me crashing). Any tips for this? My insurance won't cover anymore ADHD meds so this is my last option. Also any tips to keep the brain stimulated during unstimulating times such as rush hour stand-still traffic??

Posted by Annoymous1 at 2024-05-07 01:44:28 UTC