Good day all. New member here! 👋 I joined this group in the hopes that I can help and support my 12 year old son, who was diagnosed with ASD when he was 9. He is high functioning and very smart but struggles in social situations. He had been doing ok since Christmas but in the last month I have received many calls and emails stating he is very unregulated and overreacting to many situations. Examples: today a peer shut down his chrome book on him and my son hit him and left a mark. Anothe example when being asked a question he continues to raise his voice then starts yelling and getting defensive. His perception is quite skewed lately and he is taking things people say out of context and feels like he is being “attacked” when that is not the case. I’m still trying to learn as much as I can and help him the best I can but right now he is so overstimulated and disregulated. Also he is not medicated as we try to use coping mechanisms and communication instead. I have looked into possibly purchasing “aspire” probiotics to give a try. Not sure if anyone has tried them and if they help. Thank you for listening. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Posted by cheryldionne at 2024-05-06 22:23:15 UTC