For those of you with a comorbidity such as ehler's danlos syndrome or other conditions that not many doctors know about, I was just given life changing advice. This advice came for me specifically for Ehler's Danlos Syndrome. I recently was suggested to the wheelchair clinic at a well-known local hospital, also a university. The doctor there told me if you ask each doctor you go to for a specialist with your condition you might not go as far. However, if you go to a teaching hospital or university hospital you are more likely to find a doctor that has highly specialized practices. For example, they recommended me to someone they went to college with that specializes in Ehler's Danlos Syndrome only. You can find this at a few top notch hospitals but they are more readily avaliable in teaching/university hospitals. Just wanted to share this in case there are others with challenges in doctors with various diagnoses! They said this also works well with Asperger's/Level 1/2 Autism!

Posted by Annoymous1 at 2024-05-06 02:22:10 UTC