I'm honestly confused by my doctors. I want to come off all medications. I hate taking medications. I want only as needed medications. Some doctors say yes we can do it slowly, others say no I need to stay on them. The ones that say I need to stay on them are also the ones that did not diagnose me or catch most diagnoses until I brought it up based on my very elementary medical training. They missed AMPS, hypermobile Ehler's Danlos, Autism, ADHD, etc. I am going to another doctor as part of transition out of pediatric care to adult care and they are finally giving me support for days in which my hEDS flares and I need extra help with mobility. They are giving me forearm crutches, wheelchairs, a scooter, and a power add-on for my wheelchair as well as a handicap plaque. I don't know what to do because they don't understand that I hate it (part of the Autism) and don't like swalloing them. I avoid medications, even the ones I need to get through my day. I wait until the last minute to take anything. Advice and tips?

Posted by Annoymous1 at 2024-05-01 02:41:36 UTC