I have 2 best friends for years that are mother and son and both have Asperger's syndrome and we are just now starting to get close enough in our relationships that I have noticed that sometimes I can't understand exactly what they mean by something or what they are trying to say and it can be really frustrating for both of us. They almost always have their noses stuck in their phones or TVs or video games. It's really hard to get their attention and extremely difficult to hold their attention. Sometimes when I am trying to explain something to the mother her response is complete silence, which is really frustrating for me and I'm not going to lie. Sometimes I lash out when I get frustrated and she ends up forgiving me but I have mental health issues and can never promise that it won't happen again. I want to try to educate myself more on how to understand and communicate with people with Asperger's syndrome but sometimes deep down I feel like they might be better off not being around me since I get so frustrated by the situation at times.

Posted by ambermckenzie115 at 2022-07-05 02:38:25 UTC