I’m falling apart, and I don’t know what to do. I’m 16, level 2 ASD. I have PTSD, GAD, MDD, OCPD, and others. I just got a new job, a job I’ve wanted since I was 10. It’s at a pet shop in my local mall, and I handle small animals and help little kids learn. It’s so amazing, seeing the faces light up on the kids, the parents taking photos of their little girls or a teen celebrating her quinceanera and helping her hold a parakeet for the first time. It makes me smile everytime, the laughter and happiness a simple hamster can cause, but I think I messed up, badly. I worked in the kennel one night and told a girl working there I had autism. Next shift (about a week later) everyone treats me different. Quiet. Reserved. Weird. As if they’re talking about me. My manager now makes jokes about how I’m basically not good enough, or the things I like are disgusting and weird. But he’s so serious, and I can’t read him like I used to. He always does it in front of the other coworkers, almost like it’s to embarrass me. I’m so scared of him, I’m so scared that if I mention anything I’ll be dramatic or wrong. Why do people see autism as some kind of disease? Why am I different? “Special and unique” isn’t a freaking compliment!!! I’m so tired of being asked “well you don’t sound autistic.” Or “what’s it like????” Like I’m not normal!? I’m so exhausted, being told to read articles or try a keto diet to “cure all”. Tf? I’m so close to just falling apart and no one seemed to care or notice. Just another “autism outbreak”.

Posted by Atlx.ntic at 2024-04-14 02:42:23 UTC