Update: So, I did it. I survived this week’s trials and tribulations despite my HRV being at dang-near Defense Mode levels, and for now, I’ve got time to myself. I developed somewhat of an understanding that doing the work now would feel better for my nervous system than holding it off. It feels incredible and somewhat unbelievable, but I did it. I feel like I knew I’d get through it, but to actually get through it gives me a great sense of relief. I just hope I can decompress effectively enough to recover from all this by the time the next laundry load comes. And even better… it’s Friday! One thing that I’ve noticed is that any sort of feeling of pending work immediately sends me into at least a low-level fight-or-flight mode. And to think I had to sustain that level of activation for what amounted to 6 days… wow. It literally did feel like I was running away from a bear (cartoonish images of me running away from the wooly beavers from Total Drama Island kept playing in my head). What do you guys do to make sure your nervous systems recover as fast and completely as possible? I’ve probably got 1-2 days of relaxation before I gotta be on the go again.

Posted by marcopolo_96 at 2024-04-12 17:28:06 UTC