Hello, I finally decided to start this Defense Mode course. We have a 17-year-old super bright son who has ADHD (inattentive) and mild ASD. We suspect he has PDA traits. His grades are mostly bad as he won't do homework and often spaces out in class, so classwork doesn't get done either. I am trying this course to see if it helps. He complains about "brain fog" and finds it hard to keep track of his assignments or even to get up in the morning. He is in a hybrid vocational/high school program and excels in his computer science class (3 hours per day) but is in danger of failing English for the reasons mentioned above. I have been monitoring his homework since he was in 1st grade (except 6th and 7th grade). It has been exhausting, but we want him to get out of high school and find his way, whether in college or a trade. He has an IEP, but the school district is not flexible with accommodations. It is an uphill struggle, but he wants to stay at the same high school because his friends are there. Otherwise, we would have pulled him out 2 years ago.

Posted by tapanironni at 2024-02-27 15:46:48 UTC