Hi everyone! I am also here to learn more about how to be a better mom to my 12 year old with Autism Level 1 or high functioning Autism/Asperger's, ADHD, Dyslexia and a mood disorder. A little about our background...all through grade school our daughter would mask her behaviors in front of teachers/providers and would appear to have herself under control, but at home, she always struggled. Transitioning into middle school proved to be too much and we are unable to get to school and/or get out of bed and every night there are meltdowns until 3AM. A second psych evaluation got us to the diagnosis above and we continue to try to work with the county, school, doctors and other resources to figure out the right supports for our kiddo to get her to a place where she feels she can participate in life. I was pointed to this community through a resource with Pacer (helping us with guidance on setting up an IEP) and was so happy to know it exists as I learn how to parent differently- which is such a challenge. I am excited to learn from everyone too!

Posted by abastian at 2024-01-19 22:14:23 UTC