Need advice. I have a 10 yr old boy who has asd & adhd, and WANTS WHAT HE WANTS. And if we don't give him what he wants, he will say horrible things and become super agitated/aggressive/tearful/violent. Will punch holes in walls, say things to hurt people he loves. He's on meds that work great most of the time. Right now what he wants is youtube without parental controls. Swears he won't get into anything bad. Wants to be a youtuber. Wants to watch certain things but I know the possibilities are scary. He will be subjected eventually to something inappropriate/hurtful. I allow him to watch it with me in the room but will not allow it for him on his own devices. Right now he's screaming and punching walls. I don't know what to do. This keeps coming up and I want to get rid of his devices altogether! I'm so sick of it! But I know he uses them to regulate. Trouble is, that's ALL he does. And he has health problems because of it. I'm just trying to be a good mom and keep him safe. Any advice would be great. I'm so depressed and anxious around him. He pushes past the rules and boundaries all the time! 😭

Posted by kelbeljo97 at 2024-01-10 19:00:50 UTC