My 14 year old Grandson has Asperger's. The school recently re evaluated him and classify him as ED(emotionally disturbed). He is in a room with a coach, not a teacher, to babysit. The school resource officer is constantly threatening him. He shakes his hand cuffs at him and pushes furniture around to intimidate him. I adopted my Grandson because his Mother, ( my daughter) was killed in a car wreck caused by a drunk driver. I'm 61 years old and not in good health. I'm all he has and time is running out. He is too smart to be falling through the cracks and not being educated. I'm constantly on the phone or at the school. I don't have the energy it takes to deal with the things I need to deal with but giving up is not an option. He had a great teacher that understands autism, but she was attacked by a student who is classified as ED and had to have surgery and is no longer in the class with him because they moved her and replaced her with a coach who has no idea about autism or services he is supposed to receive. I just put him on the school bus but he was terrified to go to school. He's scared to death that he's going to jail because they threaten him with handcuffs and jail every day. In his mind, he's already in jail. He goes to Alexandria Senior highschool in Alexandria Louisiana. His former teacher told me that there's 50 other children with autism being treated the same way. They have an autism program in the district, but it's for low functioning children.

Posted by kevincreel463 at 2023-12-12 13:33:43 UTC