Hello, I’m new to this community, but not to AE and Danny Raede. Danny’s life story gives me some hope that better days are ahead. I’m coming to the group to ask if anyone has ever had their kid say they want to be adopted by another family? My son was diagnosed at 10 and we’ve tried to be the best parents we could be. Recognizing that PDA and defense mode are likely happening, I’ve read a lot, done coaching, therapy, etc and have been extremely gentle for the last 3 years. He’s 17 years old. He says he hates us. When I ask what we’ve done wrong, he says we didn’t let him have electronics until he was 10 and we didn’t let him have a TV in his room until recently. He hates his school experiences but we’ve literally tried every type of school, public, private, unique abilities, and homeschool. It feels like he’s mad at circumstances and chooses to hate us. I’m absolutely hurting when he says these things but I remain calm and gentle toward him. He wants so badly to live with another family and thinks it would be better than what he has with us. I’m curious if anyone has ever been through these conversations with their child. It’s so difficult and hurts so much since we’ve put so much effort into his happiness.

Posted by dye8888 at 2023-10-25 16:38:39 UTC