I can understand your concern with the being swallowed up by the system. I also have a 13 year old high functioning daughter with an IEP plan, but no 504. Have you had already had the scheduled meeting to discuss your daughter's 504 plan which they say will cover alternative school subjects? I don't know what your situation is, but my daughter sees a therapist twice a month to discuss anxiety & depression issues related to her autistic diagnosis. Her therapist is a willing participant in her annual IEP meeting with the school and helps champion her needs with me. Having a credentialed mental health expert adds a little pull for us. If you have someone like this and willing to participate, that's my only suggestion for help. Currently, my daughter is not struggling with the content of school and is still doing well, but her social status is very fragile and I could see any number of events that could reverse this. I am by no means an expert, but want you to know you are not alone in these kinds of struggles.

Posted by dognamedvic at 2023-10-25 13:14:39 UTC