Hi! New member! I'm not diagnosed officially, to be fully transparent. I had a testing appointment years ago but had just gotten kicked out of my apartment for not paying bills on time and moved home to live with my grandma who had just been diagnosed with cancer and needed someone to take her to doctors appointments and I helped take care of her for four years before placing her in a Long Term care facility when it became too much for me alone. I was afraid of job discrimination if I became diagnosed afterwards, so until now I wasn't comfortable doing so. I think I'm ready to set up an appointment again, but I'm still procrastinating. I know I will feel supremely validated once I do, since I've always always known something was "off" with me. When I was a kid I thought there was something just "wrong" with me, but no one listened. Now I know I'm just "different" and neurodivergent. I think I need a local community and network of people to encourage me. I found this site recommended on a YouTube video, so I'm turning to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Posted by jami.ryce at 2023-10-19 17:42:57 UTC