I haven't posted for a few days because I drove down to Florida for a doctor visit. It's complicated, but basically I have a CDL and since Adderall is a federally scheduled controlled substance...long story short I was prescribed Adderall for my ADHD. I'm not ready to begin taking it yet; I want to know every relevant detail before I ingest a pharmaceutical. One of the questions I forgot to ask in the moment: How does this drug interact with coffee? Can I still drink it or am I permanently writing off my morning cuppa? I suppose I'll reference my old friends YouTube and Bing. So after West Palm...hold up. Let me stop here for a second. In one or more of my previous posts and comments, I think I mentioned Miami. That was a lie. I'm so paranoid of internet dox culture or that I didn't want to put the actual city, so I just used the genericized catch-all "Miami". A white lie, but a lie nonetheless. Maybe I should change my username if I'm that concerned with privacy. So anyways after going home to West Palm I kicked up to Lakeland today to see my mom. I'm crashing at her house right now...currently typing this at like 3:45 when I should totally be conked. Tomorrow we'll grab lunch at Fred's Market (if you're ever in Lakeland, Plant City, or Riverview, you HAVE TO try Fred's). Then after Fred's I'll drive up to Perry to see my on/off girlfriend/best friend. She booked the last decent hotel room in Perry because apparently there's some big monster truck rally or dirt bike thing in town...that's not my world, I'm a city boy. I'm an "Eleven Madison Park before they ruined it by going vegan" boy. She shoots snakes with a Taurus judge. God love her. I sure do. So I'll go see her, both of us so profoundly ADHD it's psychotic. And it's going to make me so happy. I miss her so much being in DC while she's in whatever the heck a Perry Florida is. Sorry this post isn't all flowery like usual. I'm deliriously tired but can't sleep. I'm just so excited....excited to go to FRED'S MARKET BABYYYYYYY LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But seriously though. We haven't been in the same room since February, we've been together almost 3 years, but I swear to God I have butterflies. She rode in the truck with me for 9 months. She's my best good friend in the whole world. I'm so excited to give her great big giant squeeze and ALL the mooches. So that's my life right now. We're gonna shack up at a hotel in luxurious Perry Florida for a couple days, then I'm gonna drive back to DC in time for my niece's 5th birthday. Then on the 19th I'm going to the Thundercat show, which in itself could be it's own post. Actually it will be, because it's a first for me and it's directly related to my Asperger's. Then 2 days after that I have a monthly songwriting group I attend at the library. It's awesome. Last month was my first time and it was such a great experience. That will also become a post here. I think blogging on this forum has been super beneficial for me in myriad ways. So ima keep doing it. I don't think it matters if a single soul besides me ever reads it. I guess I'll close out by saying: there is no such thing as "Parmesan" cheese. That's not a real thing. There is only Parmigiano Reggiano, or not Parmigiano Reggiano. Sartori has an American Parm called Sarvecchio, I've never tried it but Ethan Chlebowski praised it highly in his blind taste test, he found it nearly indistinguishable from the DOP and I trust his palate. Sam's Club has DOP for half the price of anywhere else, I think right now it's $12 a pound at the Gaithersburg store. So I'm gonna grab like 4 pounds next time I go...but I'm also gonna grab some of the Sartori parm to try. I don't love that Sartori doesn't use grassfed milk, but I'm choosing to pick my battles on that one (I emailed them to ask, because I'm definitely me). I love Parmigiano Reggiano almost as much as I love YOU, beautiful person reading this. Yes, you! You are incredible!! God couldn't use the mold to make you so He simply used His hands. Remember that. You are an artisan handcrafted heart, mind, body, and soul, and I love you.

Posted by michaelpaulwilliams at 2023-10-14 08:46:46 UTC