Hello, I have a situation that I would like some advice on. I have daughter (30s) (high functioning autism/Asperger's) We live together. Her job supports the two of us at this time. We are getting ready to have contractors come in to give estimates and they'll have to access her bedroom/bathroom area. The problem is these areas are unwalkable, very disorganized, etc. I would like to offer to help her get it 'cleaned up.' I've asked her this in the past but she refused my help and insists on doing it on her own. This has become too massive of a project for her to handle on her own (she has attempted many times before) as well as i believe she is too depressed to even care about it. Today she was late to work because she couldn't find necessary items for work because of this mess. I could just do it on my own. I believe that we do have trust between us and I don't want to jeopardize that. I SO want to help her get out of this slump but right now we have some house repair issues that must be resolved before the really cold weather hits. What do you suggest is the best way to consult/communicate with her on this??? I'd like to speak with her today after she gets off work as she is off tomorrow and it would be the perfect time to work together on this and get ready for the contractors. Thank you for your time and advice on this. I do truly appreciate it.

Posted by blooboyd at 2023-10-12 17:36:22 UTC