I’m not sure what to do or how to best help my soon-to-be 28 year old son. I’m pretty much his only source of friendship and socialization. He loves to watch campy horror movies with me and share his interest in guitar and 80s nostalgia which works out nicely because I love 80s music and movies. Aside from that, he has no one. No friends, no dating life, nothing. Last night he commented that he just needs to get used to the fact that it will never be in the cards for him to ever date again or have friends. This is heartbreaking for me to hear. I really wish that he could have even a small circle of close friends. But I don’t know what or how to even help without looking like I am getting overly involved. I had thought of the Meetup Groups app but not seeing much there in our area. Of note, I know that he does still have some residual baggage from years of bullying and exclusion that he experienced in middle school and high school so I would imagine that this is also a factor. Has anyone here helped their adult offspring with loneliness?

Posted by JohnnyG at 2023-10-10 13:02:03 UTC