Hello. I have a 21 year old daughter who just recently diagnosed with ASD Level 1. She was diagnosed at age 13 with Inattentive ADHD. She lives at home and is Stuck in her room. She also struggles with chronic medical conditions, Diabetes Type 2, POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Anxiety, major sensory issues, GI issues and a laundry list of other symptoms from other things. She does get very overwhelmed by many things and has a very hard time managing herself and life. So, based on her physical and mental conditions, she ends up depending on me alot. I am considering taking the "Getting Out of Defense Mode" course, because to some degree I feel like she is in Defense Mode, but Danny describes Defense Mode as very stone faced, monotone voice, etc. My daughter is not like that when she is engaged in conversation. I do feel she is overwhelmed and would benefit from gaining Emotional Capacity. Any of you taken the course and have kids that also struggle with chronic medical conditions? Anyone taken the course with a child who is not monotone, verbally engaged with dialect, but just seems unable to move forward and has it helped? I struggle between her physical and mental, and how much each plays a role in her inabilities and which is better to focus on first. Thoughts?

Posted by baumansd at 2023-09-25 19:15:43 UTC