My 16-year-old son is autistic. He also has ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, SPD, and LDs. He is very intelligent but because of behaviors, has not been able to access learning for a large portion of his life. He is getting better with academics since I got him placed at a special needs school (instead of public school) a little over a year ago. The state we live services special needs children through the public school system (including outplacement to private schools) until age 22. My son wants to work with computer programming. He wants to get married; all the things that neurotypical folks want. However, the behaviors (including aggression toward others) are a huge barrier for him. He is on a med cocktail (which I hate but he could not function without them). I want to help him achieve his fullest potential in all aspects of life, but I don't know how to help him with the behaviors and aggression. I myself struggle from anxiety and depression and find it difficult to navigate this life. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone in this post; I'm new to this website and ask if you could please look past anything I may have said that is offensive. I am very open to educating myself on proper language.

Posted by karkeis123 at 2023-07-12 00:43:45 UTC