We recently signed up my son David to do Jiu-Jitsu; he was complaning about staying at home, summer vacation, and being bored during the first 2 weeks. He did about 5 classes, and now is telling us he does not want to do it anymore. He was doing a good job during the classes, being engaged, but we see this trend all the time. He gest excited about something, only to later put it aside. This past week all he has done is watching YouTube and playing video-games and he missed the Jiu Jitsu classes this week. I gave him a heads up the day prior, then hours before, and then when it was time to go, he kept arguing with me that I just gave up. We try to restrict/control his phone/video grame as much as we can, but once his time limit expires, he gets angry with us, throws a fit, uses foul language, and sometimes breaks things. It used to be worse that it is now, but still happens. He is 15. If we have a conversation about time-limit, and chores, he argues with us for hours, that he wants unlimited time, work is boring, etc. Now I am at the point that we are thinking about cancelling the classes, and not do anything. Most of the things we ask him to do are draining for us as parents and I have no idea what else to do. He does have summer school scheduled for next month, but that is 2 weeks away. Thanks!

Posted by Marcelo Lucas at 2023-06-30 16:13:30 UTC