Hello, I am a mother of a highly sensitive 17 year old daughter and a 14 year old high functioning/Aspergers son. My husband and I have been married 19 1/2 years and have never truly been on the same page in terms of life’s activities and expectations. We are getting a divorce and my son is extremely upset and is afraid to leave my husband. It has been 65 plus days of him being away from home. I know things would be so much better if my husband was not in defense mode just as much as my son. My son is repeating things that my husband has said to me and has a narrow view of what took place and why. I have apologized for any hurt and told them that I want to move forward having him come home at least 50 % of the time. With everything that happened, the parent alienation is not something should and ever take place. Especially, with a teenage Asbergers boy who had just begun to have a good relationship with his dad. I helped cultivate this relationship for the last 3 years. He attempted to alienate my daughter too, but her emotions helped her seek love and understanding. It has been a true gift to have a relationship with her without my husband’s lack physical and mental support. I am fighting both my husband and son now to get the relationship back. Even though, I know it is not his fault. I am working on a 3 week progression in order to have him back full time. My question is how do I deal with hurt of a black and white thinker? How do ai help him understand that he can love both of us and that I am not the full blame? I am desperate. I reading the book and have taken the defense mode course. Thank you!

Posted by adriennelj1 at 2023-06-25 12:07:04 UTC