Hello to everyone! Wondering if anyone on here with Aspergers or knows someone who has been through and come out the other side of suicidal attempts and what ultimately helped them? I'm a mom of 3 and my eldest son was diagnosed with Aspergers 2 years ago after suffering with anxiety and depression for 2 years. Last weekend he tried to take his own life and after trying many medications for depression /anxiety and helping with his sleep over the last 4 years, nothing seems to be working! He has had therapy, some meds seem to help for a while but I know he still has thoughts and hallucinations (possible OCD). We are 4 years down the line now, he has previously spent a week in a facility which didn't help and the doctors are looking to put him into another facility again. I'm looking for a more concentrated approach that focuses on his Asperger's and OCD, such as cognitive therapy. At my wits end and wondered if anyone has had the same experience and actually has found anything in conjunction with medication that has helped.TIA.

Posted by gms.wittmann@gmail.com at 2023-06-21 05:46:33 UTC