Hello, I have a 19 year old son who is doing pretty well, but he moved out, and I worry so much. He is easily frustrated with himself on even things like cleaning his room in his apartment. My son is high functioning, so it isn't obvious to many. As a kid, I was told by family that I just spoiled him, and so in because they don't see what I see. He was dx with Non Verbal Learning Disorder and ADHD. When I try to give advice after he vents about the issue, he gets immediately upset. Has anyone here had this diagnosis for their child? It was explained to me that it's a form of ASD but I never fully understood. I must say the apple didn't fall far from the tree because I see so much of myself in him. How do I teach and help my son without him feeling I am unhappy with him or frustrated because even when I try and tell him I can relate and he isn't alone, he still feels he is. We have a pretty close relationship, and he wishes he didn't move (lease). My son has not cut nor brushed his hair in. idk how long. He washes and goes. Now, we have to not only encourage a haircut (sensory) but get out all the matted curls. I know this is a lot and obviously poorly written but looking for advice and someone who understands, so I don't feel ao alone in this. Thanks.

Posted by Cpestano75 at 2023-06-17 03:37:40 UTC