Ok everyone I need some advice. My son has shared our actual street address with someone online. I’ve been implementing new boundaries in our house and online boundaries. One of the rules was… no sharing of any personal information… first name, last name, address, phone number, email, birthdate, age, state and city. If he shared any of this information with anyone else internet would be gone… just gone from the house…period. We’ll he shared with someone what state we lived in… I gave him a notice and went over the rule again and said no more chances… next time internet is GONE. I asked if he understood and he said yes… We’ll, he did it again last night. He shared with someone what state we live in. I’m at a loss of what to do. I’m afraid if I cut internet he’ll go deeper into defense mode. Family said the state name is a big area… well the first person he shared our actual address lives only 3 hours away. I have no idea who these people are and what their intentions are he’s meeting on discord and he put our safety at risk. He’s threatened to leave to go meet this person 3 hours away. I’m sleeping by the front door at night in case he tries to elope. He’s 18, yes I know he’s an “adult” but we all know just because our kids are at a certain age doesn’t mean they’re ready. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Posted by Amom1 at 2023-03-21 10:56:13 UTC