Hello everyone! I'm new to the group and only wish I knew more earlier on. My daughter is 23 and on the spectrum with Aspergers. She lives on her own, works full time and is quite a distance away, so we don't get to see her too often. She's always been a bit of a "clutter bug" but while in the last year of college during Covid--lots went down regarding her mental health. Fast forward....she's on her own now, and has done so much to pull herself out, I'm so impressed with all she's accomplished. Sorry if I'm talking in circles. The long and the short of it is that I'm troubled with her living space. Life is overwhelming for her with getting all the home maintenence tended to. Prior to my visits I let her know that I'd love to be helpful in any way she might need. She's open to certain things, but I can see by her facial expressions that she's so worried about "disappointing" us. I never want to bring up the condition of her place, because I do not want her to feel judged, and I know as long as she's safe I should feel okay. But, I have concerns. She's an adult, so I'm not sure what my role is at this point. Any advice? Once again, apologies for my long winded mess, and thanks in advance.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted by reggiedoo at 2023-03-20 20:52:05 UTC