Hello. I have aspergers, along with depression and anxiety and whatnot, and... I'm not where I want to be at this point of my life. I'm almost 32 years old, I live with my parents, and I work at Walmart. I want to be a game designer, and got my degree back in 2016... but at this point I'm too afraid to make any change in my life. Anything short of my dream job I'm worried I'll be unhappy doing and I'll have to make a huge commitment to, so I'm too anxious to even explore options. I'm not even sure what my dream job is at this point, I've heard working in the game industry is really difficult, so I think I would rather work independently. But being on my own is too overwhelming, I have a lot of difficulty with online interaction, which would be a big part in marketing, feedback, and so on. (Even posting here is difficult for me, I'm so paranoid about stuff that gets posted online coming back to bite me). Either way, I'm worried that my skills have deteriorated since I graduated from college, And I'm having such a hard time rebuilding them. So even though I'm afraid to change, I know I'm not happy where I am. I was too emotionally distressed and overwhelmed to come into work today. I just don't see things changing, and that's what upsets me the most. I don't have a future. I don't know what I'm asking for, I've tried counseling and job coaching for years, and I feel like nothings changed. Maybe I just need a reality check, I don't know.

Posted by Zach at 2022-04-16 21:21:18 UTC