Hi! I am new to this community, but not new to Aspergers. My little brother was diagnosed over 20 years ago after struggling his whole childhood with diagnoses of severe ADHD and a multitude of food allergies, including milk. My four sons are all autistic, and 3 have food allergies like me. I only got my autism diagnosis in December at age 45. As kids, we took acidophilus, as do my kids under the instruction of nutritionists. I came across an ad this morning that specifically references a type of prebiotic NOT in my kids' current regimen - Lactobacillus reuteri. What caught my eye in the ad is that it says it specifically is supposed to help with the Vagus nerve! Has anyone ever tried a supplement of this? I am NOT planning on ordering from the particular ad as it does not list allergens. (The ad is for Aspire Nutrition Bio-Heal 5-in-1 Probiotic Powder if someone wants to look for it.) It references this study as a footnote for that. https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/gut-microbes-may-treat-social-difficulties-autism-mice/

Posted by HyperPippi at 2023-03-05 16:46:31 UTC