Looking for help/resources with 14yr old son, who was diagnosed with Asperger's at age 7, fast forward 7 years.. He sees a therapist 2x a week to help manage stress from school, Despises school as system is broken, and feels the need to be the one to want to fix it. He is a 4.0 student o an IEP, so he is very perception focused (also creates stress) ION Lexapro to help manage anxiety and to help sleep at night on another med, As a parent My stress is an all time high, trying to "teach" life lessons always ends in an argument. If my examples aren't good enough he tells me they are horrible, "and seems to always talk to me in tones/words of disrespect, but will die on the hill tell me he is not and that was not his intention. His dad ( we are divorced sees it, my now husband sees it, but my son says he doesn't understand me.. why I get frustrated, simply telling him anything "because I'm your mom and I said so" does not Compute he has to have a reason, and a reasons that makes sense to him,... I'm at a loss? He has a big heart and can also be so kind and loving... Any advice/ resources?

Posted by vaske2013 at 2022-04-11 16:50:38 UTC