So I think this one is important as people transition into relationships (if they want it.). I will say my partner and I have been together for 5yrs now, and while it's a challenge at times, we're doing our best. So this is more of a hopeful future FYI for those trying to transition into committed relationships. I'm on a few online groups, and one of the big challenges seems to be the disconnect between the NT & ASD partners. So many seem to cite a big issue when the "mask came off", with many NT partners feeling confused bc they thought they were with a very different person. My personal view of the article is I can see both sides. The NT wife/GF feeling like her emotional needs aren't met, and the ASD husband/BF being unsure how to meet such needs, while understanding their own needs. I see many articles that seem to skew negative towards the ASD person, which I'm not a fan of, but they are sadly out there is huge abundance, but I think this one does touch on the importance of a person's early childhood experiences, and remind everyone that masking, especially when trying to date, isn't going to end well. https://asdmarriage.com/2022/02/17/why-does-a-neurotypical-wife-choose-an-asd-husband/

Posted by millersam07 at 2022-04-06 17:07:36 UTC