I would also like to share with you guys this issue I’ve had for a long time while it is still currently on my mind: In just about any context or scenario where I need to use or consume a thing for a particular purpose, I end using WAAAAAAAY more of that thing than I really need or ought to. Several examples of this in my daily life include using too much toothpaste when brushing my teeth, using too much cleaning solution when washing up my bathroom or any other room, using too much of a certain ingredient when preparing a meal, using too much soap when washing my hands, using too much laundry detergent when cleaning my dirty clothes, buying far too much stuff when I’m shopping, using way more words than I need to when writing a post or explaining something verbally, using too much spray deodorant before going out or spending time with friends or family, using too much toilet paper when I’m… yeah I think you guys get the idea. I wish I understood why I do this so often or why I’m unable to correctly determine when I’m using enough stuff. All I can say is that some part of me is always worried that I’m not using enough or that I’m “not doing a good enough job”. I’m trying my hardest to make sure that I always complete the task I’m given satisfactorily and fully. It’s like if I don’t use enough Y to do Z, somehow I’m committing a horrible sin or doing something really bad. Can anyone identify with this at all? Does what I’ve described at least sound familiar or relatable to anyone here?

Posted by FairWarning at 2022-11-23 17:47:36 UTC