Hi I’m new here. I was diagnosed as a toddler with Asperger’s through my school, but never was taken to get a formal diagnosis. Used to scream in group settings, and at basically anything that made loud noises such as vacuums, automatic toilets, fireworks, washer/dryer, etc. Although I am still sensitive to noise, I don’t freak out as much anymore. Anyway, I joined to ask if any of you are extremely in tune with how other people feel? Like you can just tell by looking at them if something isn’t okay? Cuz I know a lot of other people with Asperger’s have a hard time reading people. But I have a very easy time reading people. I’m also curious if any of you have emetaphobia(fear of vomiting) or some type of germaphobia. And do any of you avoid certain foods? Last one, do any of you freak out when you feel a loss of control on the inside of yourself…For example, headaches, unexplainable dizziness, nausea etc? Since it’s not in your control. Just trying to understand why I’m struggling the way I am. I also struggle with generalized anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, and panic disorder. I’ve always had a difficult time in school and took a couple extra one on one classes. I also have noticed I ask people to repeat things I don’t understand several times sometimes. And I won’t understand until it’s explained in a different way. Or if someone makes a joke, I’ll be the last one to understand what they meant. I’d consider myself high functioning for the most part. My anxiety is the major issue

Posted by sophiabonaparte at 2022-11-20 19:02:28 UTC